ACLA 2013 International Symposium:
“Meanings & Aesthetics in Asian Cultural Landscape”
ACLA Asian Cultural Landscape Association
Date: October 12th (Sat.) ~ 15th (Tue.) 2013.
International Conference Hall, Seoul National University, Seoul, KOREA.
Organised by: SNU Urban Greening Institute
Call for Papers, International Symposium: 12 – 14 October 2013.
• For 20-25 minutes paper presentations, we invite participants to submit
abstracts and CVs related to the themed sessions:
§ 1) Heterogeneity vs. Homogeneity in Cultural Landscape Aesthetics;
§ 2) Exposing the Meanings and Spirit of Place;
§ 3) Making Harmonious Path through Integrity and Co-sharedness.
• Deadline: The abstracts submission extended by e-mail up to 25th May 2013.
• Abstracts, maximum of 250 words in MSwd.doc file, and may include figure/s
• In the abstract, please include session topics, title, name of the authors
including complete mailing address and e-mail, in one MSwd.doc file.
• Your abstract will be reviewed by Scientific Committee. Authors will be
notified about the decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of the
abstract via e-mail by 10th June 2013.
• Abstracts accepted for a paper presentation at the Symposium, should be
developed as papers (3,500 – 6,000max words in length; Harvard Manuel
of format strictly to be followed) to be published in the symposium
proceedings, and research anthologies.
• Deadline for submission of the full papers is 15th August 2013. A template
for full papers will be provided after acceptance as a presenter.
For further information and suggestion/s please contact:
Prof. Dr. Sung-Kyun KIM, Ph.D.
President & Executive Editor – ACLA (Asian Cultural Landscape Association)
Professor, Dept. of Landscape Architecture, College of Agriculture and
Life Sciences,Seoul National University, & Head, Urban Greening Institute,
599 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, 151-921. KOREA.
Tel.: +82-2-880-4872. Fax: +82-2-873-5113. CP: +82-10-6700-2121.
Prof. Dr. Rana P.B. SINGH, Ph.D.
Vice-President & Chief Editor – ACLA (Asian Cultural Landscape Association)
President: SHPEH (Society of Heritage Planning & Environmental Health)
Professor of Cultural Geography and Heritage Studies,
& Head, Dept. of Geography, Banaras Hindu University
# New F – 7, Jodhpur Colony, B.H.U. Campus, Varanasi, UP 221005. INDIA.
Cell: +091-9838-119474. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
for details, see the ACLA Report and Circular, attached [pdf]